Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
The Global Landscapes Forum will be using the conference platform Whova, which is available on desktop and on mobile.
- Haven’t registered yet? Register for the conference using this link: https://whova.com/portal/registration/glfbi_202010/
- If you have already registered, you can access the conference here: https://whova.com/portal/webapp/glfbi_202010/
CET/GMT+1. The agenda will be displayed in your timezone on the desktop and mobile apps. You can toggle between your timezone and the event’s timezone from the conference app.
The event officially begins on 28 October 2020.
Inclusiveness is foundational to the Global Landscapes Forum, and we realize that COVID-19 poses additional financial challenges to many. We are therefore offering free tickets to those who qualify. Apply for a free ticket here.
As this event is a mix of live and pre-recorded sessions, we recommend you have at least 1,5 Mbps. You can check on the status of your own connection by running an internet speed test, which will provide you with a measurement for both download and upload speeds. For the purposes of streaming, you want to pay careful attention to the download speed here, as this is the data you’ll be using.
The event will use online conferencing platform Whova, which you can download from Google Play or the App Store free of charge. You don’t need the app to participate in the conference, but we recommend it as it offers extra options for participation and networking, session reminders, etc.
You can click your icon/picture in the mobile app, go to settings and customize the notifications you would like to receive. You can also turn off your profile visibility in settings.
Selected sessions will be available on the GLF website at a minimum of two weeks after the conference has ended.
- The conference will be available in English, French and Spanish.
- If you would like to follow a translation of a session, please follow these steps:
- Download the Interactio App from the Apple Store or Google Play store or access the web app from your desktop browser at https://app.interactio.io/
- Enter the event code: GLFBiodiversity
- Plug in your headphones.
- Open the Interactio app and select the English, French or Spanish channel (you may want to mute or turn down the session audio for best listening experience).
Whova’s language follows your phone setting. If you would like to change this, look for Preferred Language Order in your phone settings. You must move the preferred language above all other languages.
You will need to complete the post-event general participant survey, which will be open shortly after the event, in order to qualify for a certificate of participation. These will be issued as PDFs via your registered email to all who qualify.