The Landscape Camp
Held in the lead-up to the GLF Accra 2019 conference from 30-31 October, this program will bring together young change-makers from around the world to take a deep, analytical look at a local community or project that has successfully achieved its goals for a more sustainable landscape.
Participants will meet in Accra, and not only learn, but also contribute to and leave an impact on the hosting community.
Prior to the workshop, participants will collaborate with organizers via Skype to conduct a gap analysis of their hosting community, and brainstorm recommendations to further improve the landscapes. By bringing their expertise and skills, they will have the possibility to collaborate with the local community on how to strengthen well-functioning features, and how to overcome pressing obstacles.
27 – 29 October: Youth in Landscapes Camp
With three days of interactive workshops, community building activities, and conversations with key stakeholders in the project site, youth participants will be encouraged and inspired to become front-line actors in their countries. The stories will be extensively covered through vlogs on social media.
Example of projects’ topics are: gender equality and economic empowerment, afforestation or restoration of degraded lands, community resilience building, climate change adaptation, enhancing agricultural productivity and value chains.
30-31 October: GLF Accra 2019
After three days of activities in three different communities, participants will gather in Accra for their active involvement in GLF Accra 2019. They will have the opportunity to share their experience with experts from around the world, and to hear about stories and effective approaches to landscape restoration.
For more information, reach out to email@example.com
Apply if you:
- Are between 18 and 35
- Have a passion for Sustainable Development
- Are eager to bring positive change in your own landscape
- Can easily adapt to different situations
Applications are open!
Priority deadline for sponsorship: July 14th
If you are interested in participating as sponsors or in proposing your project site, contact the GLF Youth Coordinator Anna Bucci at firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits to sponsors and collaborating organizations:
- Increased awareness with a potential reach of as many as 200 million people via extensive coverage on Global Landscapes Forum (GLF) and Youth in Landscapes platforms and partner organizations. This will extend your reach to targeted networks and a global community;
- Built goodwill and visibility across GLF stakeholders and demonstrated CSR commitment;
- Your organization’s input in designing workshop agendas, spotlight topics and speaker selection, as well as highlighting your success stories;
- Recordings of final compilation video, podcast, and other visual products for your website(s) and communication channels.