The competition is now closed. See the winner here.
In October 2019, Global Landscapes Forum (GLF) Accra will be putting Africa’s ecosystems in the international spotlight.
Successful community-led restoration initiatives will be showcased during the GLF Accra event 29-30 October 2019 in Ghana’s capital city, to help gather public and private support for sustainable action. At the same time, leading thinkers and practitioners will put on the table some of the best solutions to reach sustainability goals on the continent.
But to share more of this restoration action in Africa, and to inspire even further action, we need your eyes and your cameras.
We want you to share your best photographs featuring restoration across Africa. Capture how people, communities and businesses are making a difference through transformation of ecosystems and securing nature and livelihoods.
Feel free to think beyond reforestation – an important goal, but not the only concern. We’re keen to see how ecosystem restoration brings food and water security, promotes rights and gender equality, fosters education and reduces waste. We’re also interested in portraits of the people who are making restoration a reality.
In order to be certain that we have the whole picture, send us your best shots along with a short description of the restoration project: the who, what, why, when and where.
- The winner of the GLF Accra Photo Competition will receive a $500 cash prize and global visibility across GLF digital and social media channels.
- We will showcase the winning photos at the GLF Accra 2019 event, bringing you and your work to the attention of a global audience, both on-site and online.
- Winning photographs will also become part of the GLF photo archive, for use on future GLF publications and news articles, with the winner’s photo credit.
The competition is open to anyone and everyone, whether you are a photo enthusiast or a professional photographer.
- To participate, upload your best photo here.
- The uploaded file must include the photo’s title, the contributor’s name and contact information including email address, social media handles and a caption listing the location and subject.
Applications open: 9 September 2019
Applications close: deadline extended to 11 October 2019
Finalists Announced: 14 October 2019
Public voting: 14-25 October 2019
Winners announced: 26 October 2019
A panel of judges selected by GLF will review all entries and choose up to 25 photos from all eligible submissions received during the competition period. Finalists will be chosen by the judges based on the following criteria:
- Creativity (30%)
- Photographic quality (30%)
- Composition (30%)
- Execution of theme (10%)
Then, on 13 October 2019, the finalist photos will be published on GLF’s online platforms and the public will have the opportunity to vote for the photos they like best. The submission that receives the highest number of votes will be deemed the winner, subject to verification and compliance with official rules. The winner will be announced on 26 October 2019 on the GLF website and social media channels. All finalists will have their images featured at GLF Accra and on GLF’s website and social media channels.Array (  => )