Wednesday, 30 May 2018
The GLF is the first global movement of its kind and the world’s largest science-led multi-sectoral platform on landscapes, bringing together world leaders, climate negotiators, policy makers, development practitioners, private sector representatives. Since 2013, over 25,000 stakeholders from more than 3,000 organizations and 110 countries have engaged with the GLF. Over the next five years, with major support from the German government and with the support of strategic partners, the GLF will grow, enrich the discussion. Our next event is The Investment Case, 30 May, Washington, D.C.
INVESTMENT CASE, 30 MAY 2018, WASHINGTON, D.C.
The 2018 GLF Investment Case will gather 280 experts to advance the application of sustainable finance for land management. Highlighting proven deal structures that deliver both strong financial returns and landscape restoration, the 2018 investment case will facilitate dialogue between a diverse range of actors from the worlds of business, politics, academia, NGOs, civil society, local land users and the media.
- Share tools, knowledge, expertise and latest developments in financing landscape restoration.
- Showcase community projects that reflect investment readiness to attract funding.
- Collective action on financing sustainable landscapes happens when people connect, share, learn, and act.
- Measuring Progress: Is there an opportunity to streamline reporting requirements to encourage the flow of private capital to sustainable land use?
- Rights: How can investment deals be structured to promote improvements in not only landscape health, but also governance and tenure security?
- Finance: How can innovations in FinTech, like blockchain technology, improve supply chain transparency and incentivize investment?
- Restoration: What lessons can be learned from the recognition of timber management as an asset class to establish similar status for land restoration?
Read more in event concept note
Click here to find everything you need to know about the event in one place.
We want you to share how your organization is driving the key messages at the GLF Investment Case in Washington, D.C. 2018. Whether it is building the investment case for financing sustainable land use or demonstrating financial tools in Landscape investment, sharing blended finance cases or strategies to scale up investments. You can use our sample tweets and posts below but it’s always going to be more effective to craft your own messages and add a personal twist. Whatever you decide, we have provided everything you need to get going on this page.