The 2017 Tenure Conference (Konferensi Tenurial 2017), organized by the Indonesian Ministry of Environment and Forestry, the Government of Indonesia and various civil society organizations, will take place from 25-27 October 2017 at Hotel JS Luwansa, Jl. Rasuna Said, Karet Kuningan, South Jakarta. Discussions at the event will focus on how to secure community rights over land tenure and forest management in Indonesia.
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR), in collaboration with civil society organizations and the Ministry of Environment and Forestry, will be involved in organizing Panel 4 on ‘Tenure Rights Recognition and Climate Change’. CIFOR will also have a booth at the conference, through the Global Comparative Study on Forest Tenure Reform (GCS-Tenure) and its project on ‘Securing tenure rights for forest-dependent communities’. Project outputs will be available at the booth in the form of posters, videos, info briefs, working papers, and other CIFOR publications.
Around 350 participants are expected to attend the conference. Proceedings will be conducted in Bahasa Indonesia, with simultaneous translation in English made available by the organizer through an interpreter for each panel.
For further information on CIFOR’s involvement at the event, please contact: Nining Liswanti (email@example.com)
- TOR Panel 4
- Buletin tenurial: Ada apa di Konferensi Tenurial 2017?
- Buletin tenurial: Saresehan Pesona 2017 “Saatnya rakyat bicara”
- Buletin tenurial: Kabar dari lapang: Land grabbing
- Buletin tenurial: Perempuan dan politik agraria baru
- Laporan evaluasi: Kemajuan dan capaian reforma kebijakan penguasaan tanah dan kawasan hutan di Indonesia
- Menuju Kepastian dan Keadilan Tenurial