Volunteering is a great way to develop ourselves both personally and professionally. In a world full of ego, values such as compassion, empathy, and the simple desire to dedicate hours for a common good are often left aside.
But not at the Global Landscapes Forum (GLF). When you volunteer with GLF, you’ll work with other inspiring young leaders to promote a message that’s essential for our time – and for the next generation. We’ll be counting on you and your skills to make sure it all shakes out in the best way possible.
As a volunteer for GLF Bonn 2019, you’ll receive:
- Full instructions for the role you choose
- The opportunity to connect with other volunteers from all over the world
- Exclusive access to Volunteers’ Headquarters, where you can rest, talk and plan your activities
- The chance to participate in volunteers-only activities
- Free access to the entire conference
You’ll be expected to:
- Be kind, patient and respectful towards your peers as well as the conference’s crew and audience
- Understand your roles and responsibilities, and be on time for our meetings and practices
- Put your skills to good use, and ask for help if you’re not sure what to do or how to do it
- Be available when requested, and be prepared to respond to spontaneous actions and unforeseen needs
- Make the most of your time, stay present and pay full attention to what you’re doing
- Be yourself, make new friends, connect, engage and enjoy as much as you can.
Sound good to you? Sign up to volunteer for GLF Bonn 2019 here.
Deadline: 9 June 2019
Learn more about different volunteers role
If you volunteer as rapporteur, your main task will be to pick your favourite session, and take notes while attending it.
A couple of days before the event, we’ll send you a list of questions to answer for each session you attend. Your answers will inform the Outcome Statement that we’ll publish after the conference. If you like, you can also help us review the Statement before it’s published – in which case you’ll be listed as a contributing author.
Rapporteuring volunteers will be expected to:
- Get familiar with the questions before the session starts
- Take notes during the session as normal, keeping the questions in mind
- Capture anything exciting, even if it doesn’t fit into any of the questions
- Take a few moments after the session, or whenever you’re able, to match your notes to the questions and send them to the GLF crew
Learn more about volunteering as a rapporteur at GLF here
Logistic support is essential – not only to make sure the right gear is in the right place, but also to ensure that it functions properly, that speakers are supported and that the audience has an unforgettable experience.
Volunteers doing logistic support will be expected to:
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before each assigned session starts
- Introduce themselves to the host and to the technicians at the back of the room
- Make sure that the moderator and speakers have everything they need
- Pass the microphone around the room during question time
- Be available to support the crew as needed during the session
Learn more about providing logistic support at GLF here
This role is intended for people living in the Bonn/Cologne area only.
The Speaker Support role is all about providing logistical and practical help, and may include things like: picking speakers up at the airport; giving them a list of nice restaurants in Bonn; and calling them a taxi if they need it. Many of our speakers are visiting Bonn for the first time, and will value having a ‘local’ by their side to help them navigate their surroundings.
Speaker Support volunteers will be expected to:
- Be respectful, polite and helpful to the speaker
- Offer assistance, but also give space and privacy
- Commit to the responsibility and be on time for any appointments
- Contact staff if you have any questions or concerns
Please note that this role is available for a limited number of participants.
If you are looking to develop your facilitation skills, love hosting, making connections and bringing people together, then volunteer to be our Speed Networking facilitator! These sessions will last 30 minutes and take place during our 5 coffee break times across the 2 day event. We are looking for energetic and confident individuals to ensure the sessions are full and the participants make the most of the opportunity to network with new people. The GLF team will provide a short training session prior to the event at an agreed upon time and location.