GLF Bonn 2018 aims to achieve or boost:
- Increased multi-stakeholder dialogue and coordination across sectors to plan and advance implementation of country commitments.
- Strategies and approaches that meaningfully link global commitments to local needs, interests and aspirations.
- Connecting sustainable landscape approaches to global processes to achieve stronger commitments towards reduced deforestation, enhanced restoration, and land degradation neutrality to combat hunger, achieve food security and provide green development pathways.
- Greater collaboration between existing learning networks and communities of practice to foster ways to share knowledge, innovations, and models.
- More targeted, applied research for informed decision-making drawing on what has worked/ not worked so far.
- Help prepare the “glue” that holds together all the above elements.