GLF Amazonia: A snapshot of the Earth’s mightiest jungle
Send us your best photos of the Amazon Biome and its communities
The Amazon is the largest tropical rainforest on the planet – but how much longer can it survive in the face of rampant deforestation and a mounting climate emergency?
At GLF Amazonia: The Tipping Point – Solutions from the Inside Out, we’ll be exploring solutions to bring the Amazon back from the brink, and we need your help to show it to the world in all its grandeur.
We want you to send us your best photographs of the Amazon region – from its brilliant biodiversity to its bustling metropolises, from its Indigenous defenders to the logging, ranching and mining interests that are tearing it down.
- Cash prizes of EUR 600 (1st place), EUR 300 (2nd place) and EUR 150 (popular vote).
- A spread and interview in Landscape News
- A showcase at the GLF Amazonia digital conference
- The GLF Amazonia photo competition is open to anyone aged 18 or above, whether you’re a photo enthusiast or a professional photographer.
- As such, the competition will include professional and non-professional categories.
How to participate
- To participate, upload your photo here.
- The uploaded file must include the photo’s title, the contributor’s name and contact information including email address, social media handles and a caption listing the location, subject and year the photo was taken.
All entries will be reviewed by a panel of judges selected by the GLF, who will shortlist up to 25 photos from all eligible submissions received during the competition period. Finalists will be chosen based on the following criteria:
- Creativity (30%)
- Photographic quality (30%)
- Composition (30%)
- Execution of theme (10%)
The finalist photos will be published on the GLF’s online platforms. The public will be invited to vote for their favorite photos, and the submission that receives the most votes will receive the ‘popular vote’ award. First and second prize winners will be chosen by the panel.