This session will:
– stress the need for large scale, integrated action against land degradation in order to reach multiple development impacts (e.g. on resilience, growth, and security).
– draw on lessons to identify key ingredients for success and requirements for transformative change.
– feature results from TerrAfrica’s 13 years’ achievements in sustainable land and water management and present actors from the landscape that have championed solutions for landscapes restoration, environment related migration and displacement, promotion of value-added products and sustainable SMEs.
– bring voices from the field to present their experience from Nigeria’s drylands, Mozambique’s forest landscapes, Burundi’s highlands, Zambia and Burkina Faso.
– highlight the role of the World Bank Group and partners in supporting countries drive large scale, transformative actions in landscape restoration.
Publication, PowerPoint presentation: Fighting Land Degradation at Landscape Scale