The plenary will link the 13 agroecological principles from the CFS HLPE (2019) report, the CFS policy recommendations on agroecological and other innovative approaches and the coalition on transforming food systems through agroecology emerging from the UN Food Systems Summit with the imperative to reduce the contribution that agriculture makes to global warming while adapting to effects of climate change. The focus will be on prioritizing actions to effect agroecological transitions and ensuring inclusivity and equity of agency amongst all actors in food systems.
Interesting media content
- CIFOR-ICRAF Chief Scientist Fergus Sinclair in conversation about agroecology with Ajay Vir Jakhar on Connecting the Dots on 24 June 2021
- The launch of the Agroecology Transformative Partnership Platform (TPP) on 3 June 2021 #CFS48
- At the launch of the Agroecology Transformative Partnership Platform (TPP), the President of Sri Lanka, HE Gotabaya Rajapaksa, announced resolute policy action banning the import of all artificial fertilizers and agrochemicals in the country
- The game-changing report on Agroecological principles and elements and their implications for transitioning to sustainable food systems by the High Level Panel of Experts on Food Security and Nutrition of the Committee on World Food Security (CFS HLPE) (2019)
- CFS Policy Recommendations on Agroecology and other innovative approaches (2021)
- Sinclair, F., Wezel, A., Mbow, C., Chomba, C., Robiglio, V., and Harrison, R. (2019). The contribution of agroecological approaches to realizing climate-resilient agriculture. Background Paper. Global Commission on Adaptation. Rotterdam.
- The Agroecology TPP concept note (2019)