An open discussion between ministers and CEOs of impact investment firms on the strategies, opportunities and challenges on using nature-based solutions for climate mitigation and adaptation in Latin America. The discussion will center on current strategies in the region that highlight the role of land-based actions in mitigation and adaptation. Examples of activities, their cost effectiveness and co-benefits will be discussed. This session is organized by Initiative 20×20, an alliance of 18 countries launched at COP 20 that aims to protect and restore 50 million hectares of the region’s ecosystems.
- Forests and Agriculture: The Key to Latin America’s Climate Commitments | Initiative 20×20
- Land Restoration Projects in Latin America (initiative20x20.org)
- Nature-Based Solutions in Latin America and The Caribbean: Regional Status and Priorities for Growth | World Resources Institute (wri.org)
- Nature-Based Solutions in Latin America and the Caribbean: Financing Mechanisms for Replication | World Resources Institute (wri.org)
- Nature-Based Solutions in Latin America and the Caribbean: Support From the Inter-American Development Bank | World Resources Institute (wri.org)