GLF Africa 2022: Capturing life and beauty of Africa
Send us your best photos of African landscapes and their communities
Photographers from all over the world, prepare your cameras. We’re now accepting applications for the GLF Africa 2022 Photo Competition. Whether you’re a professional or amateur, nature or urban photographer, we’d love to see your perspective on the beauty and richness of this great continent.
Take us on a visual journey across the African continent through your camera lenses – from Algeria’s Sahara desert to South Africa’s busy urban skylines, from local communities restoring their land to youth and women creating local solutions and opportunities.
Entries will be accepted until 10 May. Finalists will be announced on 20 May, with the winners announced in June.
Good luck, and we look forward to receiving your submissions!
- Cash prizes of USD 400 (1st place), USD 300 (2nd place) and USD 200 (popular vote).
- A spread and interview in Landscape News.
- A showcase at the GLF Africa 2022 Digital Conference.
- The GLF Africa Photo Competition is open to anyone aged 18 or above, whether you’re a photo enthusiast or a professional photographer.
- By submitting the photo, the participant guarantees that their participation follows the rules and agrees with the terms of this competition.
- Photos that have previously won other photographic competitions will not be considered.
How to participate
- To participate, upload your photo here.
- Each photograph is a single entry.
- The uploaded file must include the photo’s title and the contributor’s name and contact information, including email address, social media handles (if applicable) and a caption listing the subject and location.
All entries will be reviewed by a panel of judges selected by the GLF, who will shortlist up to 25 photos from all eligible submissions received during the competition period. Finalists will be chosen based on the following criteria:
- Creativity (30%)
- Photographic quality (30%)
- Composition (30%)
- Execution of theme (10%)
The GLF will publish the finalist photos on its online platforms. The public will be invited to vote for their favorite photos, and the submission that receives the most votes will receive the ‘popular vote’ award. The panel will choose first and second prize winners.